My Philly: Illustrated Journal and Multimedia Video Essay
In the first few weeks of Art Studio, you will work in your journal and create a multimedia video essay. You will draw and write in your journal to document your experiences in Philadelphia. You will then use the material from your journal and photographs you’ve taken to create a video that shows the city through your eyes. The video will be composed with images, text and music.
You can work together to share materials and images. You will make your own individual video.
Breakdown of project
1. Illustrated Journal - making and taking images on site in Philadelphia
2. Writing about images and experiences in your Writing Studio
3. Lecture by Christian Patchell
4. Scanning, uploading images; Photoshopping images
5. Composing video with images, text and music
6. Editing and completing video
7. Presenting in class critique
The video should be about 2-4 minutes long. It must include 1) images, 2) music and 3) text that guides your narrative.
1) You should have at least 20-30 images
-images of sketch and writing entries from journal
- photographs you and your classmates have taken since your arrival in Philly
- images changed/manipulated in Photoshop (4 or 5)
2) You can choose 1 or more songs to use as background music for your video. You may also create sounds, or compose and record your own music.
3) Text should appear in your video and act as a guiding narrative to the video.