The variety of my experiences as an artist informs my teaching, and I see both as organic processes.  From my early career in commercial art, to my photography, to my current interest in understanding the Net Generation, I have worked to bring the threads of my experience together into a whole that benefits my students. 

As a result, although the focus of my personal work is photography, I bring an array of interesting skill sets to my teaching. My passion for history and for the place of art in modern culture has enabled me to share insights with my students in classes that focus on art history. My experience in fashion and costume design helped me implement an integrated arts program at Harwich High School.  My work in photography and commercial design has allowed me to assist my students in creating successful portfolios. I consistently look forward to bringing my study of digital technologies into the classroom, creating a learning environment that is relevant and engaging.

I am committed to quality in art education, to teaching in a manner that is current, compassionate, and brings value to the lives of my students.